Sunday, July 28, 2013

Should I Step Out of My Comfort Zone?

I've been used to writing ideas hoping that one day the theories and guidelines I've formulated would be followed by a government o civic leader. (In my "idealist mode",  clearly reflected in the stories I write, my organization will be the ones who would enact my statutes, ordinances and recommendations.) Today, a different though came upon me. "What if I step out of my comfort zone?" Here are some of the things I would do given the time and resources:

- start volunteering in cleaning up the Manila Bay
- boldly pick-up trash along the streets of City of Manila while wearing an anti-littering placard on my back
- preach to children on the bad effects of littering
- boldly attack illegal loggers but not kill them (using chemical weapons [i.e. molotov cocktails])
- run for SK Chairman (too late na 'ata....)
- join EcoWaste Coalition, Greenpeace Philippines and Tzu Chi Foundation
- if I had 10 Million Pesos, I would adopt an estero and pay unemployed tambays to clean it up with me taking the lead
- if I had 100 Million Pesos, I would fund militant environmental organizations to help suppress illegal logging and illegal mining


Of course, the ones above are simply ideas. I do hope some of them would be fulfilled in the near future, God willing.


- PNK (Pluma ng Kalikasan/Darvinos de Mariquina)

No comments:

Post a Comment