Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Support Small and Medium Enterprises! Support Local Goods!

Today, my parents and I shopped for groceries at Robinsons' Supermarket in Marikina. Since we used to shop at Makro before it got converted into an SM Hypermart, I forgot that Robinsons' Supermarket offers more choices of Filipino-made products compared to other conglomerate-owned supermarket chains. They sell Arce Dairy products, locally-produced carabao milk, and an assorted array of exclusively-Filipino products such as dried mangoes. 

Yummy Choco Milk!
(Photo by Ramon Velasquez)
Today, I bought a product that seems new to my eyes - PCC Choco Milk made from fresh buffalo's milk (Carabao Milk). This milk is very delicious. Its chocolate flavor is very tasty and is very appealing to chocolate lovers like me. The chocolate flavor is exactly the same flavor used by the now-defunct Nestle-Magnolia Chocolate Milk, a product that I used to buy in Greendale Supermarket in Sto. Nino, Marikina City (current building houses a Save More Supermarket). 

The best thing I thought while consuming this product is that I supported a small and medium enterprise - local Carabao milkers in Nueva Ecija (assisted by the Philippine Carabao Center). 

Maybe its time we try other lesser-known local brands. I myself used to buy Hapee Toothpaste. (I say used since all of our toothpastes are now gifts from overseas friends.) I am also a proud consumer of tablea cacao chocolates (which my relatives in Leyte supplies if there is an abundance of such goods). The bitter it is, the better! 

I hope we can support small and medium enterprises. This will ensure a balanced flow of money for the betterment of our local economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment